APPLYING FOR EXCHANGE
YST STUDENTS APPLYING FOR OUT-GOING EXCHANGES
The YST Office of Student Life normally invites all current students to register their interest in November for exchange programmes taking place the following academic year.
Students approved to go on exchange after an internal interview process in January will then proceed to apply to various partner schools for exchange.
Criteria for Selection
Students interested to go on exchange must fulfill the following criteria for eligibility for selection:
- To be enrolled in NUS as a full-time student;
- Have completed at least two semesters of study before embarking on the exchange programme (considerations may be given to students with exceptional reasons, such as those who have been advance-placed on the B.Mus programme);
- To have a minimum CAP of 3.0, and should not have any grade below 'C' (grade point of 2.0) in any module;
- Have sufficient financial means to cover the necessary expenses for the duration of the exchange programme;
- Check that the partner conservatory offers the relevant major study;
- Satisfy partner institution and host country entry requirements; and
- Check with the issuer of any scholarship to ensure there are no restrictions involving overseas study.
When supporting a student's application for the exchange, consideration is also normally given to his or her ability to be a good ambassador for NUS.
STUDENTS FROM PARTNER CONSERVATORIES APPLYING FOR EXCHANGE TO YST
The YST Office of Student Life welcomes students from all partner conservatories to consider spending a semester at YST and NUS on exchange. As the NUS academic calendar is divided into two semesters (Semester 1: August - December, Semester 2: January - May), students may apply from 28 March - 22 April for Semester 1 exchange and from 1 September - 1 October for Semester 2 exchange.
For further enquiries on student exchanges, email: firstname.lastname@example.org