SECOND MAJOR IN AAS
The Second Major in AAS requires 48 MCs for completion and the curriculum includes the modules listed below.
Note: NUS students are advised to begin this Second Major in Year 2 Semester 1, as it is planned for completion over six semesters with a strict semestral schedule for module offerings.
AY2019/2020 APPLICATION FOR SECOND MAJOR IN AAS
Online application will be available to current NUS undergraduates from 1 April to 26 May 2019.
To complete your application, the following supporting materials are required for submission:
1) ONE most recent coloured passport-sized photograph
2) A copy of your identity card/passport
3) A copy of your NUS Student ID card
4) NUS transcript for all semesters to present (unofficial transcripts from NUS Education Records System (EduRec) are acceptable)
5) A copy of your high school results, e.g. G.C.E. 'A' level, Diploma, IB results (if this is not applicable, please submit a copy of your G.C.E. 'O' level results)
6) Video recording of audition repertoire*
7) Recording portfolio (optional)
* Candidates are required to prepare a video recording of at least 10 minutes consisting of at least two contrasting pieces, movements from compositions, or songs of their own choice using any musical instruments. Any style, genre, or period is permitted. Candidates with a background in composition may also choose to present a portfolio of at least two original scores written for different combinations of instruments/voices.
Upload all the above materials electronically via an accessible online shared drive (e.g. Google Drive, Dropbox) and email the link to the YST Admissions Office, with the email subject “Application to AAS (2nd Major) – Your Name".
Application portfolios that remain incomplete by 26 May 2019 will be rejected.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified via email and may be called for an interview.