Bachelor of Music
ACCESS TO MAJOR STUDY
Young Artist ProgramME
(i) A copy of passport personal particulars page or NRIC (front and back)
(ii) A most recent passport-sized colour photograph (click here for photo requirements)
(iii) Academic transcripts for all semesters in high school
(iv) High school graduation certificate
- If you have not completed high school, please submit a Student Status Letter reflecting date of enrolment, current year of study and expected completion date.
(v) Two recommendations
- You will be required to request recommendations from two referees. The referees should be people who are in the best position to comment on your music ability and aptitude. At least one of the referees should be a teacher who has been preparing you in your major study area. Recommendation by a family member or friend will not be accepted.
- Your referees must submit their recommendations directly online here using your application number and recommendation code, which will be provided after you have completed your application online.
- Non-English documents must be accompanied by an official English translation
- If you have completed high school and are currently enrolled in a college/university, you are also required to submit a student status letter and transcripts from the current institution, in addition to your high school graduation certificate and results.
(vi) Pre-screening videos (for Piano Performance majors and Music, Collaboration & Production/Music & Society majors specialising in piano only)
- Recordings should be uploaded to a shareable online drive such as Google Drive, DropBox, OneDrive or other similar platforms. Each piece and each sonata movement must be uploaded as a separate file and labelled clearly to indicate the name of the composer, title and movement e.g. J.S. Bach, Prelude and Fugue No. 1 in C Major, BWV846. Save all the uploaded files into one folder and share the link to that folder.
- Recordings must be performed from memory and in one sitting (i.e. same conditions: grand piano and room). Recordings must not be edited, thus please ensure that both video and audio qualities are good.
(vii) Scores and recordings (for Composition majors and Music, Collaboration & Production/Music & Society majors specialising in composition only)
- Scores and recordings should be uploaded to a shareable online drive such as Google Drive, DropBox, OneDrive or other similar platforms. Scores must be in PDF format and recordings should be in MP3 format. Recordings may be MIDI renderings of the score, but performances by live players are preferred. Save all the uploaded files into one folder and share the link to that folder.
(viii) Portfolio (for Music, Collaboration & Production/Music & Society majors only)
- You should submit a portfolio documenting your musical scholarship, musical leadership, and/or other significant achievements in the musical arts. The portfolio should consist of a CV and supporting documentation for achievements and projects. Recordings (audio/visual) should be uploaded to a shareable online drive such as Google Drive, DropBox, OneDrive or other similar platforms.