Singapore Symphony Orchestra
One of Asia’s leading orchestras, the SSO provides artistic inspiration through its recordings with BIS, international tours, outreach and education, chamber music, and a 30 concert subscription series. The SSO currently performs at the world-renowned Esplanade Concert Hall and at its long term home, the Victoria Concert Hall. The SSO invites applications from outstanding musicians for the following positions:
PRINCIPAL SECOND VIOLIN
Salary and Benefits:
Salary will be commensurate with experience and abilities.
Annual remuneration starting from SGD 81,700 to SGD 99,250 (approx. USD 57,412 to USD 69,708) per annum.
Low personal income tax for a tax resident.
52 paid weeks a year, including 6 weeks of paid annual leave in addition to statutory holidays and other leave benefits.
Medical, dental, work injury compensation, travel insurance and instrument insurance benefits.
Application and Requirements:
1. Applications must include:
- A completed Applicant Information form.
- A copy of your full resumé.
2. After applications are received, applicants may be required to submit a CD recording. Those needing to submit a CD recording will be contacted separately.
3. Successful applicants from the audition will be invited for trials with the orchestra, and subsequently an audition with the music director and the audition panel.
The Marketing Communications Officer reports to the Manager, Marketing Communications & Customer Experience.
- Answer enquiries from general public, schools, SSO ticketholders.
- Administer SSO Friends programme.
- Coordinate school bookings.
- Administer mailing campaigns.
- Maintain and update SSO database.
- Coordinate concert subscriptions.
- Coordinate merchandising matters.
- Update the SSO website.
- Man the SISTIC counter where required.
- Undertake concert duty where required.
- Minimum GCE ‘O’ Level.
- Proficient in basic computer software including Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Effective oral and written English skills. Ability to speak a second language is an advantage.
- Service-oriented team player with excellent communication skills.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends where required.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills. Able to work well in a team.
Please provide a comprehensive resume with a photo and cover letter also stating current and expected salaries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a local position. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The closing date for application submissions is 22 April 2016.