KARST DE JONG piano
Concert with solo improvisations:
- Improvisations in various styles
- Improvisations with live-electronics
- Improvisations on suggestions of the audience
Karst De Jong studied Classical Piano and Music Theory at the Royal Conservatory of The Hague. Shortly after completing his studies, he was appointed as a Professor of Music theoretical subjects at the Conservatory of Amsterdam and the Royal Conservatory of The Hague. He specialized in piano improvisation and the relation between analysis and interpretation of the piano literature. Since 2003, he has been appointed professor of improvisation and composition-techniques at the ESMUC (Escola Superior de Musica de Catalunya) in Barcelona. He regularly gives concerts with classical and jazz improvisations, both as a soloist and with different instrumental combinations.
• Free admission.
• All event information is correct at time of print
• Out of respect for other concert goers, no children under 6 years of age will be allowed admission.