Bachelor of Music & Young Artist
1. One etude from the Popper High School of Cello Playing or Piatti 12 Caprices
2. Prelude and one other movement from Bach Suite No. 4, 5 or 6
3. One of the following pieces:
- DVOřák Cello Concerto in B minor, Op. 104, B. 191, Mvt I
- HAYDN Cello Concerto No. 2 in D Major, H. VIIb/2, Op. 101, Mvt I
- SCHUMANN Cello Concerto in A minor, Op. 129, Mvt I or Mvt 2 & 3
- TCHAIKOVSKY Variations on a Rococo Theme, Op. 33
- ELGAR Cello Concerto in E minor, Op. 85, Mvt I & II
Master of Music
A recital of 50-55 minutes displaying various styles and periods of repertoire.
Repertoire submitted will be vetted by the Head of Cello Studies before they can be accepted.
Note: An additional short study piece will be given to the candidate on the day of audition.